Charter of Corporate Behavior
TOKA GROUP Charter of Corporate Behavior
The role of a corporation is to take the lead in the realization of a sustainable society by creating added value that will benefit society and generating employment, through autonomous and responsible behavior, on the basis of fair and free competition. To this end, regardless of its location, T&K TOKA CO., LTD. and TOKA GROUP are expected to comply with the letter and spirit of relevant laws and regulations and international rules and to fulfill their social responsibility with a strong sense of ethical values, by acting in line with the following ten principles.
- 1.Develop and provide socially beneficial and safe goods and services through innovation, and strive for sustainable economic growth and the resolution of social issues.
- 2.Engage in fair and free competition, appropriate transactions and responsible procurement. Also, maintain a sound relationship with political bodies and government agencies.
- 3.Disclose corporate information actively, effectively and fairly and engage in constructive dialogue with a wide range of stakeholders, with a purpose of enhancing corporate value.
- 4.Conduct business that respects the human rights of all persons.
- 5.Provide consumers and customers with appropriate information about goods and services, communicate with them in good faith, and earn their satisfaction and trust.
- 6.Realize work practices that will improve the capability of employees and that respect their diversity, character, and personality. Also, provide safe and healthy working environments.
- 7.Proactively initiate measures in acknowledgment of environmental issues, the common challenges they pose to humanity and their importance to a corporation's operation and persistence.
- 8.Actively engage in community involvement activities and contribute to community development as a good corporate citizen.
- 9.Conduct thorough and organized crisis management in the face of actions by antisocial forces, terrorism, cyber attacks, natural disasters and other crises that pose a threat to civil society and corporate activity.
- 10.Top management shall recognize that it is their role to realize the spirit of this Charter, build effective governance systems for the conduct of business, and strive to raise awareness of the Charter's spirit within the corporation and the entire corporate group to achieve its full compliance. Top management should also encourage behavior based on the principles of this Charter within the corporation's supply chain. In the event that the corporation violates the spirit of this Charter and loses the trust of society, top management shall proactively take responsibility to respond to the situation, including resolving the problem, investigating the causes, and preventing the problem from recurring.
(Sustainable economic growth and the resolution of social issues)
(Fair business practices)
(Fair disclosure of information and constructive dialogue with stakeholders)
(Respect for human rights)
(Relationships of trust with consumers and customers)
(Reform of work practices and enhancement of workplace environments)
(Engagement in environmental issues)
(Involvement in community and contribution to its development)
(Thorough crisis management)
(Role of top management and implementation of this Charter)
Established on January 1, 2011
The 2nd revision on March 1, 2018